The Indian government has made an obligation to link the PAN card to the entire bank account. Account-holders are advised to link their PAN numbers to the bank branch by completing the form. Although the newly opened accounts are already connected to PAN by requiring a mandatory document at the time of opening the account. However, for SBI customers, PAN card connectivity is made easier and can be done online through an online banking website. This guide explains how to link a PAN card to an SBI account online using online banking.
How to connect a PAN card to an SBI Online account
- All you need before starting the steps below is the SBI internet banking login id and password.
- If you do not have online banking, you can apply for SBI online banking online or offline and activate it.
- Now click on the on-screen button and from the next screen, click and continue to sign in.
- Now log in to the website using the user ID and password.
- From the main dashboard, click the E-Services option in the main horizontal menu.
connect pan card and sbi account online
- Click on the PAN registration option.
- How to connect PAN card to SBI Account online 2
- Now enter your profile password in the space provided.
- Now, select your account number and enter your PAN number to connect to the account.
- Now, click the Save button to save the changes.
- Your Link PAN card application for SBI Account online has now been submitted and must be approved by the bank
- shortly. You can check the status of your PAN connection status using the status tab.
- With these simple steps, you can easily link a PAN card to an SBI Account online. however, if you do not have an
- online banking account, you can link your PAN card to an offline SBI account by visiting their branch.
How to connect a PAN card to an offline SBI account
- Go to the SBI branch where you have your account.
- Visit the help desk counter and request a PAN connection form.
- Complete the form correctly by entering the specified information such as account number, registered mobile number, address, and finally PAN number.
- Don’t forget to sign the document in the space provided at the bottom of the form and submit the form to the counter.
- The Bank Officer verifies your details and will update the PAN number on your account.
- After a few business days, your PAN card will be linked to your SBI account.